Non-medical prescribing enables practitioners to manage full episodes of patient care, while working within their scope of professional practice.
Becoming an NMP - Funding available
NMP training can support role and career development by enabling practitioners to take on greater responsibilities for managing patient care. NMP can improve patient care by supporting timely access to treatment with medicines, enabling choice whilst helping to reduce waiting times, reducing hospital admissions and maximising the wider skills of the healthcare team.
Funding is available to those interested in becoming an NMP and we can offer up to £1,500 for tuition fees. This funding has been made available by Health Education England. To support this further, we can offer an additional £1,000 to each Primary Care Network to support the growth of NMPs across Greater Manchester and this funding has been made available by Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership.
Please note: funding and spaces are limited, please contact Lorraine Wright to check availability ([email protected])
Eligibility for funding from GMTH
Who can become a Non-Medical Pescriber?
Independent and supplementary prescribers
Supplementary prescribers only
Who is eligible for funding from GMTH?
Only colleagues who are employed in primary care are eligible for funding from the Greater Manchester Training Hub.
Do you have the required amount of post-registration clinical experience?
- NMC (Nursing) registrants: registered nurse (Level 1), midwife or SCPHN, registered with the NMC for a minimum of three years prior to applying for entry to the programme, and one years’ relevant experience in the clinical field in which it is intended to prescribe.
- HCPC (Allied Health Professionals) registrants: eligibility to prescribe, three years’ relevant post-qualification experience in the clinical area in which you will be prescribing, working at advanced practitioner or equivalent level.
Course Application Form
How to apply
- Choose University (from the list below)
- Contact your NMP lead (from the list below)
- Complete and sign the application form (requires approval by line manager, supervisor assessor and CCG NMP lead)
- Complete pre-course numeracy assessment (CCG NMP lead will provide access)
- Send completed application form to Lorraine Wright ([email protected]) for funding approval
- Return application form to chosen University
We have a Facebook group for past and current NMP students from across Greater Manchester, to discuss topics and share knowledge specifically related to non-medical prescribing. Click the button below to join!
Put drop down here
List of NMP Leads and Contacts
Tameside and Glossop