This section should be completed by all members of the dental team.
Ensure you are logged into E-Learning for Healthcare when using their website – for instructions, click the ‘register’ button below.
You should be able to:
- Recognise a seriously ill patient
- Provide first response level care to a seriously ill patient
- Diagnose and effectively manage a patient who requires basic life support (BLS)
- Identify the medical emergencies that may present in practice
- Explain how to manage medical emergencies appropriately in dental practice
During Covid-19 pandemic it is important that rescue breaths should NOT be attempted, regardless of knowledge of patient Covid-19 status.
Medical Emergencies in Dentistry - Basic Life Support
The relevance of medical emergencies to the dental practitioner and the management of a seriously ill patient.
Medical Emergencies in Dentistry - Medical Emergencies for Dental Practitioners II
How to recognise and manage appropriately the common medical emergencies that may present in dental practice.
Resuscitation Council UK
Statements on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), CPR and Resuscitation
Feedback and Evaluation
This training package is not bespoke to dental professionals and does not meet e-CPD requirements, however an e-CPD certificate can be provided by Health Education England North West. Please complete the relevant online evaluation (link below) then email [email protected] including the following:
• ELFH Activity Report (For instructions, click the ‘register’ button at the top of the page)
• Full Name
• GDC Number
Your e-CPD certificate will be emailed to you. It includes a template for you to reflect on your learning.